Are you a wordsmith with a penchant for crafting the perfect headline? Is grammatical pedantry your middle name? Does the excitement of content marketing keep you up at night?
Propecta is a specialized SEO agency trusted by some notable technology brands including Marketo and Atlassian. We are a fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit remote team, and we’re looking for a new rockstar editor to support our growing client base.
Today’s SEO depends substantially on creative, engaging, helpful, and meaningful online content. This Editor will collaborate with staff and clients to research and conceptualize impactful content concepts, and coordinate with a team of freelance writers to manage content production timelines through to completion.
The right candidate is comfortable providing direction and feedback to others, and confident in sharing insights and ideas with internal and external stakeholders throughout the creative process. Even though this is a remote position, you would be collaborating with others on a daily basis.
As a content editor at Propecta, you will have the opportunity engage in the complete content process from strategy and ideation to fulfillment. Primary responsibilities include:
- Commissioning content drafts from our Content Team, and editing drafts to fit client needs, improve readability, and adhere to SEO best practices.
- Working closely with other Propecta team members and our clients to create strategic and comprehensive SEO-based content marketing strategies.
- Conducting research into keywords, high-performing content, buyer personas and journeys, and competitor sites, in order to inform and improve content strategies.
This position is remote, although the ideal candidate would be within driving distance of our company headquarters in Lake Geneva, WI. The salaried position is full-time.
- Work collaboratively with other staff (and clients) to build and refine content strategies for each project.
- Perform deep, detailed research into keywords, client and competitor site content, and other elements to help develop competitive content strategies.
- Handle each step of the content production process for a variety of clients, including research and planning, writer assignment, editorial review, and publication.
- Produce content that is of exceptional quality, aligns with the reader’s needs, adheres to client’s voice & branding, and utilizes Propecta’s SEO best practices.
- Manage Content Team writers throughout the content production process and ensure client specifications, quality standards, and deadlines are met.
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- General understanding content marketing and/or SEO is required
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to oversee content production for a diverse portfolio of businesses
- Experience using numerous online tools for project management & communication
- Driven and self-directed in a virtual work environment
- Keyword research experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing and editing in IT/tech and B2B writing is a huge plus
This is a full-time position. Salary ranges from $55,000-60,000 depending on experience in addition to PTO and health benefits. It is primarily remote – if near Lake Geneva, WI, periodic in-office work days are required. Working hours are generally 9AM to 5PM.
To apply, please email email@example.com and include relevant highlights from your background.